Thursday, July 17, 2008

Summer Time. . .

So, there really aren't a lot of exciting things happening right now and I don't have any new pictures for you, but I thought I'd just say hi and let everyone know that I'm still alive and kickin'. I LOVE the summer, but it always amazes me how crazy it gets! You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but. . . The weeks are full of work during the day and little household projects (laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, organizing. . .) in the evenings. The weekends are just as crazy with bridal showers, weddings, family, and friends (oh wait who am I kidding. Yeah, we're a little low on friends locally, therefore any friend things mean more planning and travel!). I found myself in front of the calendar the other day with my work schedule in one hand and an ink pen in the other. I marked all the upcoming events, then looked things over to see what free time we had. Yikes! So far I've come up with two free weekends at the end of August, and we're working on filling those up. Somehow, we keep filling things up. I used to think if you have one thing marked on the calendar, that was it for the day. Now I'm seeing two and three things marked on some Saturdays! Thank God for planning a day of rest for us! The most exciting thing happening about now is camp! As most of you know, Jon and I met at Vermontville camp four years ago, so it's always kind of a special and exciting time when camp rolls around again! This year, Mom and Dad C. have rented a nice cabin and we're all very excited to have our own little place to spend the two weekends and relax between services!! Unfortunately, Jon and I won't be able to be there much during the day, but we plan to drive out in the evenings, and stay both weekends. This weekend is the Ironman race here in town, so every place we take care of at work is rented (which means more work next week when they all leave). Living on Main St. Lake Placid could make getting anywhere over the weekend a bit difficult, so. . . we'll be out at camp! After camp, we get about a week to work and get everything done before our anniversary trip. A WHOLE WEEK OFF!! We've been looking forward to a very laid back vacation since the beginning of summer! We'll try to get you some pix! And now, I think that's about it and the rest of my unfolded laundry is calling to me, so I better go finish with that and all my other little projects that need done before lunch(yes, I get distracted easily!). Don't give up on me yet! I'll be back with more pix soon hopefully! Leah

1 comment:

Becky said...

Whew! No wonder you haven't posted in like 2 years! Okay, so that's a slight exaggeration (or a BIG exaggeration) but I'm glad to see something new posted. You could just do what I do - post whatever you're doing (work, etc.) even if you know no one will really be interested in it!