Thursday, August 7, 2008

So, in case some of you didn't know, we came to Indiana for the Anniversary. In case some of you didn't know, we did not have cruise control on the way out here. Lemme tell ya something... that'll put a whoopin' on you leg in no time. But I wanted to thank two individuals for the fact that we now have Cruise for the ride home. (A) I would like to thank the GOOD Lord above for helping me get a cruise control module for 37.00 and change at a scrap yard instead of paying around 200.00, and installing the module for approximately 50.00 total (including the price of the module). (B) I would like to thank my brother-in-law Aaron for getting me the wiring schematic sheet to install, and then taking the time to run all the wires and connect them to the correct wires to make sure it ran correctly, and trouble shooting the first two test-drives trying to figure out why it was not working. It works now, and I ran the wire for my switches to run it, and installed my switches on my own while Aaron was at work. He very much liked my placement and how clean they looked. But what good are good looking switches if they serve no purpose. In the first picture you will see the engine. In the upper left hand corner of the picture you will see the module. The second picture is a close up of the module just so you can see what it looks like. It’s about the size of a half of a regular red building brick. The third picture shows my switches installed just behind my ignition. You should have seen the wire hanging every which direction before the switches were given a home. Lastly is a close up of the switches. The big toggle switch turns the cruise on and off. The red switch (which is a momentary switch) is the “set/decelerate” and the black switch (also a momentary) is the “resume/accelerate”. All of which work very well and are going to save me a bum leg on our way home.

No comments: