Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's. . .

Sadly, no pictures to share. As usual, I had great intentions - even tucked my camera into my purse, but. . . didn't get any pictures. Valentine's weekend started for us Friday night. Our church had a nice banquet at Lobster House then we had friends over to watch a movie. Saturday morning, Jon had band practice at the church and I bummed around home sipping iced coffee with a friend til time to leave for our "Chic Flick" matinee. Saturday evening and Sunday were back to the normal bein' lazy around the house and going to church. So that's pretty well it for the excitement around here. I have to admit, I'm a bit of a Valentine's scrooge! I resent holidays that dictate how you're supposed to feel/act. I tend to be more random than that I guess. It just feels so much more meaningful and from the heart to get someone a nice gift or card when you WANT to show them how much they mean to you not when the calendar says you should. Anyway, with that said, I DO think that a non-sentimental person like myself could benefit from a day set aside to let friends and family know how much I love them. Jon hears regularly how much I love him and appreciate everything he does for me/us. Other family members however. . . So to those of you who are in my thoughts daily - those in my fondest memories and biggest dreams. . . I wish you joy in your everyday life AND . . . I Love You!!! Phew! That used up about a years worth of sentimentality I think! :-)

1 comment:

The Taylors said...

See didn't even hurt...too badly! :-)
Oh and thank you!!