Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Time Well Wasted. . .

Hi, my name's Leah and I'm a time waster.
(Fellow time wasters) Hi Leah. :-)
Today is a slow day for me. No particular reason, just one of those days. I was awake at a good time this morning and trying to convince myself to get up and around, but alas. . . The covers were so warm and I reminded myself that soon I would be getting up every morning for work and wouldn't have this luxury, so there I stayed. I fell back asleep for a little while then finally drug myself out of bed with great intentions to get through the shower and do some reading before getting some stuff done around the house. I just needed to fix me some iced coffee to get me going - maybe some breakfast too (ha!). In the mean time my stomach decided it wasn't awake enough to consider food, so I sat on the couch for a few minutes, knitting a few rows on the scarf I've been working on and thinking. There were some things I needed to check/do on my computer (of course. Isn't there always?). And now, roughly two hours later. . .
NOT A STINKIN' THING DONE!!
Meanwhile in other news, I can't tell if it's raining or melting outside, but either way I figure it has to be warm-er for this to occur.

Close up

Zoom

Also, Monday night's Innocent Wal-Mart trip to pick up a few things ended with a trip to Malone and a very nice new camera for me! It's one that I've been looking at for a while and it was marked down because the new models come out next month. I'm lovin' it so far. I haven't had anything exciting to use it on yet, but I've been fooling around with it at home. Probably the most exciting thing to me right now (besides the greatly upgraded MP from the old one) is that the thing is seriously smaller than my cell phone! It's actually about the same size just shorter. The battery charger is one of these the plugs right into the wall (no cord) and the charger is actually the same size as the camera - just a bit thicker! I know that's just the way things are going and most newer cameras are small, but honestly, this is one of the smallest with this good of spec.s. So, that's that for my day so far and at this rate there won't be much more to report at the end of the day. I AM gonna try to get SOMEthing done today. I'll let you know how that goes. P.S. Pix from my new camera!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

That's SOOO awful! I NEVER waste that much time - especially not on the computer or at the piano. BAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAHAAAA! :) And if you believe that then I will tell you that I am knitting a scarf too. The new cam. sounds cool and I always love new photos down the side.