Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ugg! We got the Bug!

I know I know! not that great of a title but it seemed fitting! Well, we're all over it now, but last week starting Wednesday night, Madelyn had a stomach bug something terrible! It wasn't really bad during the day (it wasn't really good but just not AS bad) but at night she was throwing up and just miserable in general. Friday evening, we put Madelyn to bed a bit early because she was grumpy and not feeling good and she was up sick an hour later, then it hit Jon and he went to bed early. I NEVER get flu sick - EVER! I may get the sniffles, but that's it. . . It hit me around 1:00 in the morning (right around the same time we were up with Madelyn for the first time). I am pretty sure in my entire life I have never been so sick! Ugg! Pain? Bring it on! Just don't make me sick!
Luckily, for Jon and I it was just a 24 hour thing! With all of us sick and none of us sleeping all night Friday I was pretty sure I wouldn't make it through another night like Friday! Madelyn was almost completely better by Saturday, Jon went to church Sunday morning, and after I ditched the headache and caught up on sleep a bit I was only a few hours behind in the recovery process! We're still trying to catch up on energy a bit, but Jon's been back to work this week and I've gotten all five loads of bedding and "sick laundry" done and both bathrooms cleaned and the house partly straightened and recovered from the weekend and Madelyn's moved on to some serious teething again. yesterday morning she was having a rough time of it, but after a dose of Tylenol and a 2 1/2 hour nap she was better and other than chewing and drooling today, she's been fine. Anyway, so that's the story of our weekend (just in case anybody cared). I know kinda a boring post but trust me you would NOT want pictures from the weekend even if I had any! I DO still have more Christmas pictures to post eventually, but now it's nap time again I think, so I'll be back sometime in the next few days - maybe. Hope everyone is doing well and avoiding that bug!

No comments: