Monday, November 18, 2013

This is the day that The Lord hath made!

One morning last week I had fallen back asleep just to be awakened to "This is the day. This is the day. That The Lord hath made. That The Lord hath made..." coming from the monitor in Madelyn's room. :)  I'm not gonna lie, that'll take your first thought of "Really? I have to get up now?" and stop it right in its tracks!  I couldn't help but smile and drag myself out of bed to start our day.  I just love that girl!  She always has a song in her heart.  Just about the time I'm completely fed up with her being a two year old and not listening or whining or whatever... She'll randomly start singing any number of the, must be, dozens of songs she knows either that I've taught her or she's heard on klove. It always amazes me when I realize I recognize a new song she's singing. She usually has the tune learned to where you can recognize it before you could tell what words she is actually singing (which is also kinda amazing for her age).  But yeah, I'm just a little proud. :)  She won't sing in church yet and I'm not sure why because she knows all the songs but she just listens and then when she hears them at home she'll talk about so and so playing it or singing it.  She also informs me regularly "iss a good one Mom!  Mommy! Mommy! Iss a good one! Hey! Don't dance Mom!" Haha!

Anywho, now everyone is awake (over 12 hrs for the little girl! Can I get a woohoo?!)  so I'm off to start my Monday (which actually started several hours ago for me) and try to recover this mess of a house from the weekend.  Have a good day/week and remember... This is the day The Lord hath made... Rejoice and be glad in it!

3 comments:

R Catton said...

She is such a precious little girl. What a great way to wake up! xoxo

Lynette said...

Wow! look at you go. A new post already. What a sweet reminder to start your day.

Rachel Taylor said...

Precious!! There is nothing quite as powerful as when your little ones start to "preach"....