Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Showers of Love

Well, I survived my first bridal shower! No, really there wasn't much to it. I was only a little nervous, but nothing like I had expected! The Bloomingdale church ladies and Mom C hosted a very nice bridal shower for me last Saturday (June 16th). It was a lot of fun and a great way for me to get to know some of Jon's family's oldest friends better! I played some new "games", laughed a lot, ate way too much good food, and got lots of nice things for our new home! It was neat to feel all the love and support from a group of ladies who only know me through Jon. I was touched to know how much so many women think of my soon-to-be husband! Meanwhile, on the other side of town, the guys occupied themselves with a Bachelor party - dinner then mini-golf and ice cream. Would you believe that for all the whining and excuses about having to get lost while we were doing the girls only thing, they made us wait up for them?! :-) I don't mind! Thanks to Brad for coordinating the guy thing! It was a hit all around! P.S. The picture lover/scrapbooker in me is crying out for any pictures that anyone has from the shower! :-)

1 comment:

Beka and Bill said...

Hi Leah! Glad you enjoyed the shower! I have lots of pics.. when I get a moment I'll send some to you! And I'll be posting a bunch on our blog!