Thursday, October 11, 2012

I'm not even gonna acknowledge the fact that it's been so long since my last post. . .  what I AM going to say is that I've been threatened!  My Mama informed me that if I didn't get a post up I'm not allowed to go to the women's retreat my church is having this weekend.  Apparently I'm back in fourth grade and if I don't get my homework done and that book report finished I'm not allowed to go to my friend's house!  Anyway, while I'm not THAT scared of my Mama, she IS babysitting Friday night (so Jon and the guys can go out too) and I've been wanting to post more pix anyway, so I figured now would be a good time.  Honestly, there are two good reasons I haven't been posting much - make that three. . .  (I know, I just couldn't leave it alone)  One reason is that it's way more convenient to check e-mail and blogs on my iPod but I haven't really gotten it all figured out how to post on there.  Maybe not like just a super good reason but...  Secondly, we have been insanely busy!!  We've had vacation and a long weekend trip for a family wedding (maybe more on that later), a very unexpected death, wake, funeral for a friend at church, Jon's been working long hours, we sang for a wedding at church last weekend which meant rehearsal AND wedding/reception, my brother and his fiance (that's right fiance! Yay!!) were up visiting my parents so we spent a couple evenings there visiting with them, and the list just goes on and on. and thirdly (is that a word?!? well you know what I mean. . .) probably the number one reason besides that I ALWAYS have at LEAST 101 better ways to spend my time (like the housework I'm currently putting off :( {shame}) is that my computer needs serious help!  Trouble is, it needs SO much help that it's gonna take a LOT of time and patience to help it!  It needs formatted but that requires getting everything off of it and I don't have a DVD burner and CDs would take forever and like a 1000 of them to get stuff off (and lest you think I'm one of THOSE, I'm usually pretty good about keeping stuff backed up and not leaving a lot of stuff stored on my computer (a little OCD about that actually) but since Madelyn was born I've gotten kinda sloppy about it and if you know anything about OCD you know that EVERYTHING becomes very difficult and time consuming just because EVERYTHING has to be done in a very specific way, so. . .  Yeah, and my computer has an unusually small hard drive apparently and anyway.  Just to do very simple things on it takes a very long time and I get very frustrated (and I'm a very patient person!).  So, all that to say. . .  I am FINALLY posting pictures from our vacation to IN.

 We spent a LOT of time in the car!  I made Madelyn this baby proof photo album for the trip.  She loved it!
 We got to go to the children's museum in Indianapolis.  One of the first things we saw was "the dig".  Aunt Becky showed Madelyn how to dig in the gravel stuff and she didn't want to leave.

 What country was this Beck?
 Again, don't remember what country this was supposed to be but she loved riding the donkey.  Also, note Kaelyn's Garmin (the dog) peeking into this picture.
 Could have stayed here all day but it was near the end of the day before we ever got here. she wasn't thrilled to leave here either.
 Big-er kids at play
 LOVED the horsey ride!  She was NOT thrilled when the music stopped and we were done. Love that this very old carousel (like the oldest in the country) is the same one we all rode as kids!

 View from the parking garage.  Loved the dinosaurs crashing through the building in different spots.  It's been YEARS since I've been to the children's museum!
 Thanks Net for hosting ALL of us!  It was wonderful!  Where else can you have a four-wheeler ride before breakfast?!?  :D
 Oops, out of order.  Us at the Children's Museum.  Luckily the gaping mouth for every picture stage only lasted a week or two.  We had those couple weeks where it was either a gaping mouth of a hand crammed in there. (those teeth have been pretty rough on her!)
 Believe it or not, we're kinda car people around our house, so we all enjoyed this display! They had life sized hot-wheels! It was very cool!
Our group minus two who had left before the rest meandered out to the parking garage.  Not bad for a very hurried large group shot!


And, that's all for now folks.  Hopefully I'll be back sooner than later.  I think I'm un-grounded now too so MAYBE I'll remember to take a few pictures at the retreat. 

1 comment:

The Taylors said...

Fun pictures, fun memories!!